Florida is humid, which can make our air conditioners work that much harder. Did you know that the modern air conditioner was built in the early 1900s for a Brooklyn publishing company by a man named Willis Carrier? It was designed to manage the humidity and temperature to keep the paper from expanding and contracting. Living in Florida, we can really appreciate the dehumidification aspect of air conditioning.
Having the proper level of humidity in your home is so important for so many reasons. Keep in mind:
- High humidity makes it hard for our bodies to regulate themselves.
- High humidity makes the air seem hotter than it really is, which may make you want to bump your thermostat down even lower, making the AC unit work even harder.
- High humidity is bad for your health, and can make it harder to fight off illness.
- High humidity creates the perfect environment for mold and spore growth.
- High humidity can cause elements in your home to rot and compromise the strength and integrity of different building materials.
We want what is best for our customers, and that’s why we’re the leading choice for air conditioning Estero locals trust. To learn more about the dehumidification and air conditioning options we offer, contact us today.